FSB now has two RIBA Approved CPDs, the first is “Specifying High Performance Door Furniture Designs” and the second is “Specifying High Performance Door Furniture and Finishes”. FSB CPDs provide an overview of how a German company manufactures ironmongery, help architects and designers gain better understanding of what materials are available for door furniture and how the design industry meet EU standards. With this information, architects and designers can confidently specify materials to suit a given building environment.
The CPD on Specifying High Performance Door Furniture Designs focuses on the following topics:
- How the design industry manufactures ironmongery in accordance with EU standards, the difference between standard products and high-performing products.
- Understanding the manufacturing processes for Aluminium and Stainless Steel.
- Understanding the advantages and disadvantages of each material.
- Evaluating troubleshooting approaches with the aid of case studies.
The CPD on Specifying High Performance Door Furniture and Finishes will cover the following topics:
- What materials are available for door furniture, i. e. Aluminium, Stainless Steel, Brass and Bronze.
- How to analyse and compare the differences between each of these materials.
- Understanding the advantages and disadvantages of each finish.
- Evaluating case studies to determine the selection of materials and finishes for given settings and environments.